Information technology is a set of processes for collecting, storing, protecting and processing confidential and open data to improve their quality. Also, experts use it to solve different tasks in commercial, political, educational, financial and economic fields. Today, information technologies are types of organisational tools that simplify the process of interaction between employers and employees of the enterprise, banks and their customers, sellers and buyers or teachers and students.
Modern information technology and their types
Information technology encompasses physical data carriers, means of rapid data transmission at any distance and systems of automatic processing by software. There are some principles that underlie the development of new technologies.
- Interactivity and opportunity to make adjustments as tasks are performed.
- Integration methods. That is the compatible operation of several applications and systems, as well as compatibility with different data carriers. Thanks to the possibility of integration to solve problems, specialists use a complex of technical tools and software.
- Flexibility. It includes dynamic implementation with minimal effort.
Classification of information technologies occurs in several criteria. There are some types of issues with specific tasks with management.
- Automatic and computer processing of data.
- Automated management systems.
- Electronic office.
- Decision support systems that analyse statistics recommend optimal negotiation tactics and profitable projects.
- Expert Support.
Advanced information technology and its types are a component of any training programme for professionals of any profile. In each field of human activity, computer systems help to speed up workflows and perform work with less cost and effort. The use of computer technology helps to reduce the number of errors that depend on the human factor. There are several types of software.
- Text Editors.
- Products for working with tables and charts.
- Programs for database creation and management.
- Graphic Editors.
- Multimedia products that operate in multiple workflow systems simultaneously.
There is passive and active information technology. First ones: particular software is designed for storage, processing and protection of databases. Such a program provides operators with information on request, and it performs data analysis according to built-in algorithms if the company has such a need. Active systems recommend to the user the order of actions, depending on the working settings periodically or constantly provide information on the given categories. The recommendations of the system are based on the search for rational methods of achieving professional goals.
Artificial intelligence is one kind of advanced information technology. Intelligent systems accumulate knowledge, as well as they are able to analyse, classify and evaluate data taking into account the algorithms that are embedded in them. Artificial intelligence systems determine the practical utility of databases and choose solutions that are not contradictory. They themselves initiate the search for new information and relate new knowledge to existing information resources. Modern intelligent systems can communicate with users in a similar language. The fact is, they use human speech and similar channels to get information. They can see and hear information through special sensors, video cameras, image adapters and sound signals.