Delegation is a process that has allowed the world to develop faster. The effect of such technology has become useful even today. Many modern businessmen understand this because they created their businesses literally manually. Later, they discovered that there is a huge section for potential development with less time and resources. It was crowdsourcing that became the modern method for this.
What is crowdsourcing
Crowdsourcing is the so-called delegation of some production functions by some professionals without a special contract. In this way, businessmen can tap into the knowledge, experience and abilities of society without undue restrictions. Almost, enthusiasts come to modern companies through crowdsourcing.
2006 is the year that the term crowdsourcing first appeared. Jeff Howe, a journalist from Wired, used it in his article on this topic. James Surowiecki reinforced this term in his book, in which he argued that delegating tasks is far more profitable for a bunch of people than using the abilities of individuals.
Types of crowdsourcing
Delegation has gained its popularity in the small and medium-sized business sector, when the search for new employees became too costly an investment to handle some irregular tasks. But over time, some big corporations have started to use crowdsourcing as a way to save money. These include Microsoft and Google.
There are some types of crowdsourcing:
- Collective cooperation. It is best suited to the process of developing new ideas. It is popular among design platforms and areas of inventors, where any assumption can be resonated and gain perspective development.
- Crowd Contest. It is used when specialists need to achieve a certain result, such as process gameplay or prototype development. The best example is sports programming and problem solving platforms from different companies.
- Small crowd labour. When professionals need to perform a certain complex task, they use some unique skills. However, such activities are not typical for the company. Etto is the reason why finding a staff member would only entail additional costs. If there is no one technical problem, this method will not work. It is used for project localization and machine learning.
- Medium labour of the crowd. There is a need for regular skills such as layout of goods in the store or cleaning. The number of participants who do such work may be unlimited.
- Huge crowd labour. It is some solution to global problems in which a creative approach is required. There is a platform method of statistical analyses, and it is also a distributed task network platform for enterprises.
- The content the users created. This is Wikipedia and YouTube, who told us that the business plan involves attracting people who would fill an empty site with their concepts. There is one issue, such as the need for sharp moderation, without which such a website may fall into the prohibited lists due to illegal actions of users.
- The word itself is not so often found in the media and social networks, because the evolution of such projects is almost over. Many companies used this technology, which had concrete tasks and a detailed plan. However, they were without money and could not realise their grand ideas for this reason. Then, the financing of operations from the society became actual, after which the depositor could receive a certain bonus and begin monitoring the process of its idea in reality. Kickstarter is the optimal example of such a platform.
Crowdsourcing is not the solution to all the problems in business and public administration. But, there are new ideas, as well as the performance of highly specialised and routine tasks. All this is an interesting experience, with the help of which modern specialists will be able to expand the sphere of influence for many corporations and accelerate their development. So this is a very useful technology that contributes to the development of the whole society too.